Thursday, July 06, 2006

Farewell to the Dubai Magic

I have realized how short my venture in Dubai was in the past seven weeks. Professionally, it was a privilege to get to know such a unique group of people and share their experiences. Listening to their aspirations and challenges was inspirational. More importantly, they made me understand how Dubai can make dreams into reality: the wonder bus, henna shop, bookstore, entrepreneur diploma program, strategic investment fund, business and investment banking, and many more.
In the blue warehouse where the future super market modeling is to be done, my colleagues and I played video games, badminton, foosball, and darts as if they were all yesterday. I could feel the energy surrounding me and was motivated when I walked into the SME office every morning. We share the same entrepreneurial spirit and care about the local community. I appreciate all the invitation, encouragement, bestowment, and everything else. It has been such a rewarding experience to me, professional, culturally, and socially.

Hugging moon at the tip of an abra in the Dubai Creek, punching palms in Scarlett’s cheering for the goals, splashing vinegars on fried haddock at Chippy’s, I was drunk before I finished my first beer in Chin-chin. My Dubai life gradually opened like an extravagant peacock tail because of the group of friends that I hung out with. English, French, Palestinian, Portuguese, Spanish, American and Chinese, we had so much fun with soccer cup watching, cocktail mixing, paella cooking, and pool side gossiping.

We were the dream team rallying over the sun set by Dusit Dubai Hotel, breaking waves at the Sharjah beach, and sharing Indian curries at the Hatta bus station. You are the genie out of Aladdin’s lamp making elegant power point slides within your finger moves. I am already missing you, and our laughter along with Mr. Mitsubishi’s speeding lullaby. It was all wicked.

Thank you for all the magic, Dubai!

3 comments:

wendy said...

Both were a splash - yours and Dubai's dream!

Anonymous said...

A big Hurra to our Charlie's Angel that ventured into Dubai! Great story and nice webpage design. Thanks for sharing. Doerte

MMS Info said...

These day, you will discover most extreme number of individuals at their wedding gathering, favor employing these mystical performer keeping in mind the end goal to amuse their visitor. This thing leave the visitors to recall the gathering for quite a long time. Be that as it may, for this, entertainer ought to know about the ideal time of performing the traps that can get the consideration of the general population. event magic dubai